Sunday, November 22, 2009

First show.

So last night I had my first ever show. The ARCO IRIS handcrafted Holiday Party. What a fun and successful night! Not as many people showed as a we had anticipated, but that ended up being OK because everybody who came ordered something, and it was a great way to break into the whole standing in front of people and talking about myself thing. I AM NOT GOOD AT THAT!!! LOL :) I have always hated being the center of attention. I really enjoy having an online business because I can talk and sell my products on here very easily. Standing in front of a room of people though, even friendly faces of friends and people I know is rough for me! I had a nice little speech prepared that I completely forgot as soon as I got up there. Then, my friend Keira (who was kind enough to host the party at her house) decided to start taking pictures!! Oh my. I forgot everything!! This is definitely something I need to work on, because I have decided that shows are a GREAT way to sell my product and get my name out there. Anyone have any good tips for being a used car salesman, err, I mean public speaking? After that part though it was a really fun evening. It's so strange to see other people wearing your creations. Things that I wear religiously now as my own walking advertisement. Its awesome. Strange, but awesome. I especially liked how great all the pieces looked on everyone. So, now I prepare for my next show, a craft fair in December. I'm a little nervous about that one. Then I get to go back to my home town of Pacific Grove California for another fun Holiday Party where I will get to reconnect with old friends I haven't seen in about a decade! I can't wait! Until then, I will be practicing my public speaking! If anybody has any tips, I would love it if you shared them so that next time, I can make the attempt to not look like a total boob! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment