Sunday, May 16, 2010

Featured Artist, Zebedee Zaitz and Sparrows Gate

Welcome Featured Artist
Zebedee Zaitz and Sparrows Gate



Hello friends!


     I'm back and I'm kicking off the Spring/Summer season with an interview from an amazing musician, Zebedee Zaitz and his Band, Sparrow's Gate.
     I discovered Zeb at the wonderful Roost House in Carmel, CA. He was a surprise guest for that nights show and he completely stole the night. Some great, fabulous actually, music was played that night (Walter Rose and Cave Country, who are both amazing themselves), however none of us could stop talking about Zeb.
     We loved his music. It seemed to take him a minute to find his groove on stage that night, but then, WOW! He danced, jumped, stomped his feet, played his harmonica, strummed that Guitar and belted out the lyrics in an almost Bob Dylan esc voice that had the whole room captivated (my favorite song is Rose Parade).
     That was it. I was hooked and I wanted more! Luckily, I'm not very shy so I promptly introduced myself after the show and when I got home emailed Zeb about doing an interview here for all of you! I'm excited as well that Zeb and his band, Sparrow's Gate, will be playing at The Roost again in a little over a week on Thursday, May 27th at 8pm. If you live in the area, you have got to come and check it out. I'll be there. ( You can find out more about that show here: http://www.roosthouse.com/events.html ).
     So read, listen, discover and enjoy Zebedee Zaitz and Sparrow's Gate. You can find Sparrow's Gate's music, available on Amazon, just off to the right of this page. Listen while you read, buy it if you like it, and leave some comment love below, letting us know what you think!

Enjoy!

1. Who are you? Where are you from, how old are you? Tell us about yourself.
     My name is Zebedee Zaitz, I was born in Tampa Florida but for now California is my home.


2. What kind of music do you play?
     I guess it would be considered folk rock but that all depends on the night. Some nights if spirits are high and if we had some drinks then its good old rock n roll.


3. What does your Band name mean?
     Well, we were playing a show and we didn't have a name yet so I turned to my drummer Casey and he said were called Sparrows Gate. I guess he went to some orphanage in Mexico that was called Sparrows Gate and we just never changed our name.


4. How long have you been (a) musician/s, how long have you been a band, and how did you get into music?
     I started playing drums when I was eleven and been doing this project since 2003. It's gone through different members and sounds. It's been a year with the members that are playing now so really it feels like a new project with a old name. I got into music because my father played piano and guitar and my grandfather played in jazz clubs till he died.


5. When did you decide to make the leap from hobby to Profession?
     I don't know if it was decision I made. I just feel like I it's something I've done and will keep on doing, its one long road.


6. INSPIRATION. Anything, everything. What inspires you?
     People, John Keats, traveling, the north, south, east and west. Love, pain and death.




7. Explain your process a bit.
     There is no specific process. I try and write everyday and make it a routine. Either in the morning or with a bottle of wine at night.


8. What are your goals and dreams, where do you see yourself in 10 years?
     New avenues where my mind has not yet traveled.


9. Where can you be found?


Up-coming Shows:


May 20, 2010 8pm: The Knockout. with Gypsy Moonlight and Sweet Chariot San Francisco, California

May 27, 2010 8pm: The Roost House Carmel, CA

May 28, 2010 10:30am: The Crepe Place with Big Eagle(she and him after party) Santa Cruz, CA

June 12, 2010 7:30pm: Under the electric church with Little Wings and Rad Cloud San Louis Obispo, CA

June 13, 2010 6pm: The Steynberg Gallery San Louis Obispo, CA

June 20, 2010 8pm: Live Oak Festival Santa Ynez Valley, CA


Thanx for stopping in.

Signature


2 comments:

  1. Great interview and nice to meet you and the band. Your jewelry is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Martha! Fabulous to meet you as well! I hope you will come back every week to check out other Featured Artists and to enjoy my Friday's Fashion Find's!

    ReplyDelete