Thursday, December 3, 2009

Serendipatiousness

Today has been a day filled with emails, sculpting leaves, screaming children, and good new friends. I have been an artist for all of my life. I actually cannot remember a time when I was not making something new out of something else. My Mom always instilled that creativity in me. I remember crying about messing up a drawing when I was little, and she took my "mistake" and turned it in to a pretty flower. "There are no mistakes in art." She said, "Only chances to make more art." That has stuck with me my whole life. I have tried to live my life that way . There are never mistakes, only chances for something new and perhaps unplanned (my living proof to this is my beautiful daughter Brooke). Serendipity is my favorite word. I guess I fly by the seat of my pants a bit, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so lucky to have been blessed with the ability to believe in myself and the things I do, no matter what the odds are against me. I have always been a black sheep. I have always marched to the beat of my own drum. Some might think me strange, I think I'm just me. That ability has led me to where I am today, which is the proud owner of my own small business, creating beautiful (Well, I think they're beautiful! LOL) pieces of art for people to adorn their bodies with. Who knows how far it will go. Far if I have my way, but regardless, I have learned so much already. About myself, about business, about the world. I have meet some INCREDIBLE new artists and people. I am so grateful for that. There is truly something to be said for meeting's of like minds. I am LOVING it!!!! (You all know who you are!) I am loving it, and them, so much that I plan on rolling out a series of guest blogs with some of these new, emerging talents. Since I have started on this little adventure of mine, I have discovered the sheer beauty of handcrafted items and the raw, unexposed TALENT of these artisans. I feel that it is my mission to somehow make the world aware. I feel a little icky now when I go into department stores. Seriously. In addition to the series of guest blogs, which you will definitely want to tune in for, I will also be starting a series called "Friday's Fashion Find's". This is my excuse to window shop the talented designers of Etsy and other places, and bring you the crème de la crème of emerging designers and handcrafting artisans. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Stay tuned, these new and exciting things will begin unrolling in the next couple of weeks! Happy Holidays, and Happy Handmade Shopping to everyone! I am also new to Twitter, so please stop by and say HI if you are on there too! www.twitter.com/ArcoIris_hc . Have a fabulous day!
Signature

2 comments:

  1. I will come back to read later...but I wanted to let you know that I blogged about my beautiful necklace and linked you...hope ya don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How, oh how could I ever mind? :)) Yay! I hope you love it! Off to check it out now! :) Thanx!

    ReplyDelete